Knowing myself, right now, I’ll have grown a food baby from all the good food I’ve been eating in Korea.
HOWEVER, I’m hoping that I don’t go so out of control. So this post is dedicated to those who want to travel the healthy way but at the same time go the #YOLO way. I think it’s really depressing if because of your weight loss regime, or diet, or whatever, that you pass up on the delicious concoctions that are only available at your travel destination. So here are some of my tips for healthy travel.
1. HYDRATE | This is especially true on the plane. It gets especially dry up there, so make sure to properly hydrate.
2. Have healthy snacks close at hand | Pack KIND bars, fruit, or any of these healthy snacks with you. Better safe than sorry!
3. Don’t think that you have to finish the whole thing | Yes, I know it’s manners and we’ve been taught as children to not leave anything on our plate, but don’t think like you have to finish that massive pasta bowl or whatever. Remember: restaurants usually do not serve proper portions but much larger portions. Make sure to listen to your body and STOP when you’re full.
4. Share the good (indulgence food) | Similar to the previous point, if you want to order that dessert on the menu, don’t think you have to finish it all by yourself. Share it with someone at the table. Twice the joy, half the calories.
5. Stretch everyday. | Flexibility is just as important than other fitness skills. And stretching is super easy to do on your hotel bed or while in your plane seat. Stretch, stretch, stretch.
6. Walk lots. | Take the long route (walking), walk up the stairs if you can. As a runner, I don’t think I’ll be able to run in Korea (insert sobbing emoji) nevertheless, make sure to just MOVE a lot.
BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY: Have fun!!!
What are some your healthy travel tips?