I wanted to write this post because it’s something that I’ve been thinking a lot over the past weeks. I talked briefly in a recent blog post that I’ve been falling out of my healthy eating and exercise regime lately. As Serena was encouraging and pushing me to eat healthy and exercise like my normal self, I thought back to why I exercised and why I ate healthy. I read over some of my blog posts (especially the one about why I workout – my first every blog post!), and I complied a comprehensive list of reasons to exercise and eat healthy.
Now, there are definitely girls and friends around me who are “skinny” and slim, but don’t eat healthy. I really hope that I can deliver the message that eating healthy and exercising should not be done for the sole purpose of losing weight (although that’s what society and the media seems to be spreading). Healthy eating and exercise reaps far more benefits than a physical appearance. So here is my list of 20 reasons on why you should eat healthy and exercise.
- Works as an antidepressant.
- Reduces PMS
- Reduces stress and anxiety.
- Increases creativity
- Strengthens your heart
- Reduces risk of other diseases such as metabolic syndrome, many types of cancer, diabetes, heart disease, lung disease …
- Add years to your life … and life to your years.
- Allows you to respect your body.
- Improves self-esteem – inside and out.
- Helps you sleep well.
- Pumps you up
- Gets rid of bad fad and increases good fat!
To eat healthier:
- Makes you happier
- Protects your bones
- Gives you a stronger immune system
- Helps cure irritable bowl syndrome (IBS)
- Gives you clear skin (check out my recent post on this)
- Soothes sore muscles
- Gives you more energy
- Reduces cravings for “bad” food
With all these reasons, eating healthy and exercising does not mean that you want to lose weight. It means that you want to reap all these health benefits!
Why do you eat healthy/exercise?